Friday 30 December 2016

How 2016 treated me (and all about my recent hiatus)

Hey there! It's been a long time since my last post, and I really want to apologize about that!

We’re already at the end of 2016. It seems to me the older I get the faster time goes by (which actually doesn’t make me feel good at all). 2016 had a lot in store for me and I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one that was shocked about everything happening in the world this year. But I’m just going to concentrate on the good stuff that happened in my life.
While I am writing this I’m dog-sitting the cutest dog ever! My friends let me watch him when they both have to work so I get to spend time with him a lot (although today I regretted that a little when I had to shower him and clean the staircase of the entire building because I let him play in the mud). Van Damme (that’s his actual name… my friends are big fans of the actor Claude) is also a big part of 2016 because he appeared in our lives in March (I think.. It could also have been April or May, I'm not that good in keeping track of months). When I’m looking after him I get to read a lot and actually many blog posts of mine were written during that time.

The Early Months Of 2016


Sooo.. I can hardly remember what I did in January and February. I remember that I was sick a lot during that time because in March I had my tonsils (the literal translation from German would be Almonds, but I don’t think you call them that in English…) taken out, following by the most agonizing painful two weeks of my life. Seriously, I hope to never have to experience such pain ever again (and I don’t wish it anybody else, either). In March I also started a new job where I could work until I started Uni. Oh I nearly forgot (how could I?)! Before starting the job I got to go on a wonderful vacation with my family to Singapore and Phuket!

The Best Summer Of My Live (so far)


Before the actual summer started (the weather in Switzerland was really bad) I went to two awesome festivals, which marks the first time I actually slept in a tent (and by sleeping I mean awfully flipping from one side to the other trying to fall asleep whilst nearly freezing to death until I gave up).

After working real hard and saving up a lot of money I got to travel through the UK and Ireland with my best friend. We had a lot of fun and I discovered so many awesome new places that I hope to revisit soon. (If you want to read more about this, check out this post: A Very Potter Vacation.)
Then I spent more time taking care of Van Damme and preparing myself for University which leads us to…

My Underestimated First Semester At University


Oh how promising that title sounds, I imagine you thinking. Starting University in September for the first time hit me like a truck. Well maybe more like a snail truck (I just invented this, but I hope you get the picture). At first all was well and the exams (insert here the truck metaphor) were far far away and I got to meet new friends and a lot of awesome people. And then suddenly, out of nowhere, the “far far away - exams” were two weeks away and I startet panick-learning. Seriously, I’ve never studied so hard in my life. And it still wasn’t enough. We had 6 exams in four days and I just wasn’t prepared for it all. I took it quite well, though. I didn’t stress out during the exams too much about it, because my expectations weren’t too high anyways and I will just have to repeat some classes next year again, which I'm not as sad about as I think I should be.

So yeah, I think that explains my absence from the blogging world, doesn’t it? (I hope it does, because if you still don’t believe me … well, you’re just going to have to live with it, ‘cause I’m not going to upload my study schedule to prove it to you.)

My Top 5 Favourite Moments Of 2016


This is a very shortened list, because it could be endless and basically I just want to show off with some cool pictures. No, just kidding, but I’d love to share some of my favourite moments with you guys.

Nr 1: The Cursed Child


I waited so long for this moment and I still can’t believe how amazing the play was. I wish I could see it all over again for the first moment.

Nr. 2: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

What an amazing film! I have to honestly say that this is now by far my favourite movie in the Harry Potter world. It’s incredible how good it was done and I’m really glad that all of my fears of it being terrible were totally contradicted.

Nr. 3: Halloween

I’m such a Halloween person! It’s my favourite day (night) in the year. I went out as a skull and got to party with my friends at an awesome location. It was a really great night. (Oh by the way, what did you guys do this Halloween? Since I wasn’t online during that time..)

Nr. 4: October Fest

For the first time in my live I went to October Fest in Munich. A bunch of my friends and I had a blast and it was a cool trip. (We took the bus there in the morning and got back home at night. We had to drive for 4 hours every way).

Nr 5: My 20th Birthday

I feel old. My back hurts, I don’t get asked for my ID anymore and I have to pay all my own bills (well, some of them..).


I'd like to know

So how was 2016 for you guys? What did you do? What adventures did you take on? What have you achieved in your personal life? I'd be very interested in hearing your stories in the comments!! :)