Sunday 3 September 2017

Down The TBR Hole #4


This meme created by Lia @ Lost in a Story helps me go through my to-read shelf on Goodreads and sort out the books that I feel no longer belong there. Check out my first post I made in for this meme Down The TBR Hole #1 - there you’ll also find the guidelines about how to do this if you want to join. How many books will I be able to remove today?

#41 Scarlet



I can’t wait to start this series! I ordered the first book in the Lunar Chronicles a week ago from Book Depository and it’s going to arrive soon. I’ve heard so many great things about Cinder so I basically have no doubt that I’ll like it too. Because of this I no longer have to keep this on my tbr.

Verdict: remove from shelf


#42 The Felloship of the Ring



I’m going to blame my unreadiness to decide on which edition to buy for not having read this yet. I love Tolkien’s world and I know so much about it which makes it so much more of a shocker that I haven’t read The Lord of the Rings yet. But I know that I WILL read this, so I can take it of my tbr shelf because I’ll never forget about it.

Verdict: remove from shelf


#43 We Were Liars



I might pick this up if I come across it in a bookstore, but I do not feel the need to read it right now.

Verdict: remove from shelf


#44 Cress



The same goes for Cress as it went for Scarlet. Can't wait to start this series.

Verdict: remove from shelf


#45 Angelfall



I had this book already on my tbr (in my mind) before I even was on Goodreads. A dystopia mixed with Angels, how exciting does that sound? I haven’t read any good angel stories since Cynthia Hand’s Unearthly series anyway, so I should try this one, right?

Verdict: remains on Goodreads shelf


#46 Uglies



This sounds like such a bad idea. The idea of actually having to have an operation to turn pretty shows how messed up that world’s point of view is. I’m not sure if I’d feel comfortable reading that, but it’s another dystopian series so I’m going to keep it on my tbr a little while longer.

Verdict: remains on Goodreads shelf


#47 Gone



The synopsis on Goodreads doesn’t reveal all too much about this book, but somehow it gives off a vibe of The 100 minus the space plot. I’m starting to realise that there are so many dystopias on my tbr that I’ve forgotten about…

Verdict: remains on Goodreads shelf


#48 The Golden Compass



I saw the movie years ago and was quite annoyed about not getting a sequel because I actually pretty liked it. I’m not sure that I want to read the book, though, there are so many other books that are more important to me. So this is a no from me for now.

Verdict: remove from shelf


#49 The Great Gatsby



One day, I swear, one day I’m going to read this. Not today, not tomorrow, but some day in the future. I’m not going to forget this book because it’s pretty much a must read, so I can take it off my shelf.

Verdict: remove from shelf


#50 A Game Of Thrones



Where do I start with this one. I LOVE the series, but I’m a reeeeaallly late bloomer when it comes to Game of Thrones. I have to admit that I only just started watching the series in June this year (and I am proud to tell you that I watched the entire seasons 1 to 6 in no less than 3 weeks - as proud as one can be about an accomplishment like that… think of all the things I could have done in that time :0). Anyways, I reaaaally love it and I can’t believe the season finale of season 7 aired a week ago! Gaaaaaaah I need more episodes!! So yeah, basically I’m DEFINITELY going to read the books as soon as I’ve got my copies, so I can take this one off my shelf as well.

Verdict: remove from shelf



So as a wrap up I’m really happy to tell you guys that so far in these 4 posts I managed to remove 26 BOOKS !!! from my tbr. Although, 15 of them are still lying somewhere in my room and therefore still on my physical tbr. But this is a real accomplishment! Can’t wait to continue with this task because there are still so many books to go through. Which books would you have kept or removed on your tbr? Do you agree with my choices? What are you excited to read from this list? I’d love to chat more about it!