Tuesday 11 January 2022

Top Ten Tuesday #7: Most Recent Additions to My Book Collection


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.   

Tatata it’s a new year and it's Tuesday! What better time to bring back this blog again to some sense of livelihood and to start off the new year right? With today's TTT topic I just felt the need to post something on here again, and to show off my newest books that I bought over my Christmas vacation in London! All the books were found at Foyles, one of my favourite bookshops in London, and the comics I got in Forbidden Planet, where else?

#1 The Nobleman's Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks



I just read the second book of this trilogy in 2021 and loved it and I'm really looking forward to reading the finale of the Montague siblings' stories!


#2 Certain Dark Things



I haven't read that many books surrounding Aztec history, so I'm really looking forward to this book! Also it's a signed copy!!!


#3 Little Thieves



Another new Hardback in my collection! This one just spoke to me when I saw it in Foyles so I grabbed it!


#4 The Once and Future Witches



I have to be honest here, this book I bought more because of the beautiful cover than the plot. But I hope it will still make for an interesting read! Otherwise I'm sure that this book will serve the purpose of brightening up my bookshelves.


#5 The Silence of the Girls



Greek Mythology is still probably my favourite myths genre so I couldn't stop myself from buying this book when I found it on one of the "best books" tables in Foyles!


#6 Gilded



Marissa Meyer has been added to my auto-buy author list after I read the Lunar Chronicles, so I'm excited to start reading this one! And the cover is just so lovely too!


#7 Ready Player Two



I've heard a lot of negative reviews about this book, however I feel like I owe it to myself to give it a try. I really enjoyed Ready Player One and I'm going to read this second book no matter what.


#8 Magnificent Ms Marvel Omnibus



I usually don't buy Omnibuses, as I like to collect my TPBs but this time I couldn't resist because Forbidden Planet didn't have the separate volumes of this. Plus, this also collects the Ms. Marvel Annual #1 Issue, so it kind of has a bonus!


#9 Magnificent Ms. Marvel Vol 3



Of course I also couldn't resist then buying the rest of the Magnificent Ms. Marvel collection that collects the singles after the Omnibus!


#10 Extraordinary



The hype about this graphic novel is really big on my Goodreads feed, so I thought I should pick it up. And it's even a signed edition!! This is going to be my first book by V.E. Schwab, so I'm excited to see if I like her writing as much as everybody else seems to.



I'd love to hear what you are planning to read this year! Do we have any books in common or do you have any great recommendations? Link me up to your TTT posts so that I can check 'em out! :) Have a lovely Tuesday xx