Monday 31 July 2017

July Wrap Up


Happy August 1st everybody! Did you know today’s Switzerland’s birthday? Seriously, we’re celebrating Switzerland National Day today so raise your glasses! :D

It’s been awhile since my last wrap up and maybe some of you have noticed that there were some ups and downs in my life the past few months, but I’ve finally come back to blogging! Sadly, there aren’t all too many books on my list in July. Hopefully, I’ll get to read more in August.

BOOKS READ



A Thousand Pieces Of Me (Firebird #1) by Claudia Gray 4.5

COMICS READ


 

1. Aquaman, Volume 2: Black Manta Rising by Dan Abnett 4.5
2. Green Arrow, Volume 1: The Death and Life of Oliver Queen by Benjamin Percy

2016 READING CHALLENGE UPDATE


Read 10 new Comics (TPB)
Progress: 24/10 (240 %)

Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge
Progress: 12/26 (48%)

TV SERIES HIGHLIGHTS


    

The less I read, the more tv shows I watch. After I was done with all of my exams I fell in kind of a reading slump and started tons of new series instead. I finally finished the last season of Baby Daddy and I can’t believe this witty and fun show has come to its end. I watched the entire first season of Famous in Love in two days (don’t judge; I’m pretty sure you’ve all gone through such a phase too some time in your young adult life). And here’s my proudest achievement: I watched all six seasons of Game of Thrones in three weeks!! Hell yes, I finally caught up with all the episodes and got so obsessed with it. Now I have to patiently wait for every episode once a week. I don’t believe I could have done this for 6 years straight, the series is way too good for all that waiting! I also marathoned through Iron Fist which was good and started The Bold Type which I’m not-so-patiently waiting for the new episodes to come out. I really can’t deal with all the waiting. How do you guys handle that?

CINEMATIC HIGHLIGHTS



Finally I got to see Homecoming!! I love Tom Holland’s Spiderman and can’t wait for many many more movies with him in them. I’m really happy about finally having a witty, child-like Peter Parker.

BLOG RECAP

❥ I finally returned to the blogging community with My First Blog Post In Like Forever

❥ I started cleaning out my Goodreads TBR shelf with Down The TBR Hole #1 which is an awesome meme that I'm going to do on a regular basis now.

❥ And I signed up for #TheReadingQuest which is a reading challenge in August-September I'm pretty excited about

NEWS AROUND THE BLOG

‣ Maybe some of you have noticed I created new headers for my blog post. I haven’t liked the layout of my blog for quite some time now and this is the first step in changing it for the better. I’m going to try out some different styles and other things around the blog until I feel at peace again.

I'd like to know

So what have you been up to? Are there any book reviews or other blog posts of yours you’d like to share with me? Are you having a great summer? What was on your reading list for July? Tell me everything in the comments! I’d love to hear about it!