Thursday 31 August 2017

August Wrap Up


Hello there! Another month coming to an end, another wrap up. I had a lot going on the past few weeks with not knowing what to do for my future (university and stuff) and it has been quite rough. Now I’ve made a small plan for the next year and am currently looking for a new job before starting University again in autumn 2018.

I’ve been to 2 Festivals this month and got to listen to amazing artists such as Imagine Dragons (my favourite band ever), The Prodigy, Flume, Mumford & Sons, Parov Stelar and so many more. I love festivals and I’m quite sad about this season already being over. (But I’ve already started making plans with my friends for next summer again :P)

I also went on a vacation for a week in Corfu, Greece. It was so amazingly relaxing and I quite miss it! I just love lying around the beach/pool the entire day and only getting up to play beach volleyball (where I hurt my hand on the 2nd day already and had to sit out playing until our last day) and go for a swim. What a dream!

I have a lot of plans for September and I really hope I’ll find a job some time soon!

BOOKS READ


    

1. Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
2. A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J Maas
3. Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
4. The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
5. The Tales of Beedle The Bard by JK Rowling

As you can see I read a lot of books I really liked this month and I finally managed to read so many again! Since the beginning of the year I believe I haven't managed to read 5 books anymore. ACOMAF was by far my absolute favourite and it really surprised me how good it was! I'm currently working on all my reviews.

This month's theme for Of Wonderland Book Club was books in a series and as you can see I managed to read 4 books in a series which makes me pretty happy!

CURRENTLY READING


  

As you might know I’m participating in the #TheReadingQuest challenge and I took it upon me to give Glass Sword another chance after DNFing it earlier this year. Same as then, I’m not really enjoying it so I started listening to Anyone? at work, which is my first audiobook in like forever. Then two nights ago I had this really heavy urge to start Throne of Glass and I can’t stop reading it, it’s such an amazing book! If I didn’t have to work so much, I would just read it in one sitting throughout the entire night.

2017 READING CHALLENGES UPDATE


Read 5 Books from my TBR Pile
Progress: 4/5 (80 %)

Flights of Fantasy 2017
Progress: 8/10 (80 %)

2017 Alphabet Soup Challenge
Progress: 12/26 (48 %)

TV SERIES HIGHLIGHTS


   

SEASON 7 OF GAME OF THRONES HAS FINISHED. I can’t believe it. It went by so fast and it was SOOOO AMAZING! Seriously guys, I can’t believe how good this season was! Also, I watched the entire 3 seasons of Hit the Floor which upset me at first because it’s actually a series about cheerleader (not just about basketball as I thought, and I don’t like cheerleaders/cheerleading…) but it’s actually pretty good. But honestly, I only watched this series because of Jude and Zero. I nearly caught up with the entire season 7 of Modern Family. And I’ve been watching The Bold Type every week which is so good! I really recommend this one.

BLOG RECAP


❥ My Book Review of A Thousand Pieces Of You by Claudia Gray

❥ My second time cleaning out my tbr shelf on Goodreads with Down The TBR Hole #2

Obsidio as my Waiting on Wednesday

❥ Another Down The TBR Hole #3


Now I want to know all about YOU! What did you read this month? What did you do? Are you watching any similar shows? What are your plans for next month? Any blog posts I should read? I would love to read all you’ve got to say in the comments :)