Sunday 6 August 2017

Down The TBR Hole #2


Hey there! A week ago I started joining this meme created by Lia @ Lost in a Story. In order of getting a grip on my tbr shelf which has been filling up with books and books that I’ve lost count of, I’m going through each book and deciding if I should keep it or remove it from my Goodreads shelf. Check out my first post I made for Down The TBR Hole and where you’ll find exact instructions about how to do this if you want to join.

#11 The Silver Linings Playbook



I saw the movie a few years ago in the cinema and then added the book to my tbr shelf. I do not believe that I will pick it up, though because I wasn’t that much a fan from the movie. I just don’t believe that the story is something that interests me enough anymore to pick up the book.

Verdict: remove from shelf


#12 The Night We Said Yes


  

The Goodreads summary still sounds so good and I feel like this is the type of book that I would read on a summer day, lying at the pool or at the river and enjoying an ice cream while reading.

Verdict: remains on Goodreads shelf


#13 Love And Other Foreign Words


  

I have the same thoughts about this book as about The Night We Said Yes. And I was really surprised to see that not many of my goodreads friends have read this book, so maybe it’s one of those underrated books that nobody really knows about yet, but actually is pretty good? I’ve got to pick this one up!

Verdict: remains on Goodreads shelf


#14 Love, Rosie


  

Love, Rosie is one of my favourite movies! The cast is great and the story is just so painfully beautiful. I’ve always wanted to read a book by Cecelia Ahern, but I just haven’t managed to pick one up. One day I will definitely buy this book when the time feels right and I’ll never forget about it so I don’t feel the need to have it on my tbr as an unnecessary reminder.

Verdict: remove from shelf


#15 The Cuckoo's Calling


  

I wanted to read this book only because it was written by J.K. Rowling. I love that women! But after trying to read The Casual Vacancy and not really enjoying it and ultimately having to DNF it, I realised these adult crime fiction novels just aren’t for me (yet - maybe someday it will, but not right now.)

Verdict: remove from shelf


#16 The Book Thief


  

I bought The Book Thief in Spanish in Mallorca two years ago. So far I haven’t come around to reading it, but it’s still waiting patiently on my shelves and I believe one day I will pick it up.

Verdict: remains on phyiscal tbr pile


#17 The Rule Of Thoughts


  

This is the second book in the The Mortality Doctrine series and I haven’t read the first book yet, so I’m going to remove this from my tbr.

Verdict: remove from shelf


#18 The Eye Of Minds


  

This sounds so good!! It reminds me of Ready Player One and I loved that book, so I really need to read this series. I enjoyed The Maze Runner series by James Dashner and I like his writing style. So I need to order this book asap!

Verdict: remains on Goodreads shelf


#19 The Journal Of Curious Letters


  

Another series by James Dashner that I haven’t started yet and it sounds pretty good. Going to keep this on my shelf to remind me about it.

Verdict: remains on Goodreads shelf


#20 The Hunt For Dark Infinity


  

Another second installment in a series I haven’t started so I’m going to remove this from my shelf, too.

Verdict: remove from shelf


I managed to remove a total of 6 books from my Goodreads shelf today! How awesome is that. I’m so glad Down The TBR Hole is actually helping me going through my shelf and getting a better overview over things! Have you guys tried to go through your tbr shelves? How did you go about it? Are you considering joining me in this meme? Do we still have any of the same books on our tbr? Let’s discuss in the comments!