Saturday 5 March 2016

Stacking the Shelves #3: The Vacation Edition


"Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual." It's a weekly feature hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

This post actually refers to books that have already been sorted into my shelves at home a week ago. In February I went on a two week vacation (and of course I couldn't come home without any new books) and I arrived back home last Sunday. It's always one of the greatest feelings to add my books to my library (I've got them all listed in Excel Sheets to keep an overview) and then to sort them into the bookshelves. This time around, though, that was a bit complicated as I don't have any space left. Seriously, my room's full. I had to stack my books in two rows per shelf (which I absolutely despise because I now can't see which books are in the back). 

  
So here's a pretty picture of all the books on one stack. Let's have a closer look at them seperately. I bought all of these books in two hauls. The first one was kind of a yellowish theme (It ocurred to me that I don't really have a lot of yellow books so I thought, why not buy some).

   

1. I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson - the synopsis sounded really good
2. Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods by Rick Riordan - I love PJ
3. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - finally I found the paperback edition
4. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins - this one has been on my tbr for a while

   
5. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell - finally the edition I wanted
6. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - because I'll Give You The Sun really impressed me
7. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon - sounded like a book I needed
8. The Giver by Lois Lowry - the cover convinced me

  

9. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff - dystopia!!!
10. The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan - I just wanted that stunning cover in my shelf
11. The Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis - because it's another book about the shadowhunter world and possibly contains stuff about Alec Lightwood



Okay... That's it. I just realised again how many books I bought and this probably means I won't be able to go on a big book haul until summer. (I should really read all my books first before buying new ones - I know I'm not the only one who has that problem, right?) So yeah, tell me about your newest editions! I'd really like to know what you guys just added to your shelves. Oh and by the way, because this post contained enough material already I decided to feature my newest Pop Vinyl in next week's Stacking The Shelves so make sure you'll be back!