Saturday 30 January 2016

The Liebster Award


I've got news! This week I was nominated for the Liebster Award 2016 by The Reading Hideaway (Many thanks again!). This is an award that helps to discover great blogs and to become a part of the book blogger community.



What you have to do is:
  • Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
  • Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you
  • Nominate 11 blogs you think deserve the award
  • Give them 11 questions of your own



11 Questions posed by The Reading Hideaway and my answers:

1. What bookish memes (if any) do you participate in?
Well, I created one of my own that I've started this month. It's called Trilogy Tuesday which features a book trilogy (hence the name..). Other than that I'd like to participate in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, Waiting on Wednesday by Breaking the Spine, HP Moments of the Week by Uncorked Thoughts and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Reviews


2. What's your go-to beverage when you're reading?
When I'm at home I like to drink tea - preferably hot green tea or verveine tea (yes, I discovered this through the Vampire Diaries). 

3. What's your dream vacation?
Hmm... I'll have to go with a trip to Singapore (I used to live there). 

4. What's one book that you've had on your shelf for a long time and haven't read yet?
Ha! As if there was only one. Sadly I've got dozens of those... But I'll go with Virals by Kathy Reichs.

5. When did you start blogging and why?
January 24, 2016 (a week ago): Because I'm in love with books and want to share that with other people. 

6. Do you enjoy writing?
Writing as in writing stories: Not that much. I don't have enough ideas or writing skills to write a story that I could publish. I really like writing reviews though and just random thoughts. Therefore I created this blog.

7. What's your favourite scent?
Hmm... I don't know. I like vanilla scented bath bombs and passion fruit scented body lotion.

8. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke!

9. Paperback or Hardcover?
To read: Paperback, for my bookshelves: Hardcover

10. Who do you consider to be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Will from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

11. What's one book you would want to be adapted into a movie?
The Gatekeeper series by Anthony Horowitz



My nominees for the Liebster Award:


About my choices: I chose these blogs because I like them and want other people to notice them as well. I wish you all the best and hope that your blog will continue being successfull!



My 11 Questions for you: 

1. Which book inspires you?
2. What book have you thrown (or felt like throwing) against a wall because of the ending?
3. Do you have an author whose books you have all in possession just because they're his/hers?
4. Who's your favourite book couple/relationship?
5. Do you ever skip a few pages if a book bores you and then continue reading?
6. What is your worst imagination of destroying a book (by accident)?
7. Do you dislike a popular book that everybody else seems to love?
8. What kind of bookish bad habits do you have?
9. Who do you consider your favourite author?
10. Series or Stand Alone?
11. Who's your favourite book heroe/heroine?





Edit: 11 Questions posed by Book Lover (Thank you for nominating me again!)

1. Is there anything that puts you off reading a book?
Um, maybe if it's too boring? For example Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (I didn't even reach page 100)

2. Do you prefer books with one POV? Or more than one?
It really depends. Sometimes one point of view is enough, but other times it's really necessary because maybe they're in different countries or something like that (For example The 100 series). I guess I can't say which I prefer.

3. Is there any genres that you have not tried? If so, why?
Horror. I love haunted houses and halloween, but I can't imagine reading about it. I don't like horror movies either, it's just too creepy.

4. Have you ever read a book that has either inspired or touched you on a personal level?YES! I can't even name them, but for example I always get affected by romance novels when the protagonists have the same problems as I do.

5. How do you feel about authours who deserve recognition but don't get it?Sad, but now that I've got a blog I'm going to try to get the word spread about them a little more. :)

6. What is your most favourite thing about a book? And least favourite?When I can disappear into their world and forget about reality. I like to read books to forget my own problems. My least favourite thing: The ending! I could read on for decades if a story interests me.


7. What kind of books do you prefer? 
Dystopia, Young Adult fiction in general and fantasy books.

8. How does a book or author catch your attention?
When I'm at a bookstore it's actually based on first impressions, which means the book cover has to call to me. But other than that, I spend a lot of time on the internet researching books and there it all comes down to the synopsis. If I've read a good book though, I'll look up all the other books by that author and if they seem interesting I'll put them on my TBR list and look for them in bookstores until I find them.

9. Do you ever read reviews of a book and then make your judgement on wheter to read it or not?Actually no. I like to read reviews, but if I'm going to read the book depends on the synopsis. I could read a negative review, but the book turns out pretty great (or the other way around) so I don't like to judge books on other people's opinion. 

10. Have you ever learned something new from a book?Definitely. John Green has a way to teach you new stuff, like for example famous last words, or what paper towns are. In general he teaches you a lot of stuff you've never heard about. If I read science fiction there are also all these technical terms you learn, that you didn't know before... So there's always stuff to learn. 

11. Outdoor or indoor reading?
Indoor. I prefer not to be stung by mosquitos or bees.