Thursday 11 February 2016

Book Review: Girl Online


Title: Girl Online
Author: Zoe Sugg
Series: Girl Online #1
Genres: YA, Contemporary, Romance, Chick Lit, Teen
Published: August 7th, 2014
Read: January 2016
Rating: 


My Copy

Publisher: Scholastic
Cover: Paperback
Purchase Location: Waterstones


Goodreads Summary: I had no idea GirlOnline would take off the way it has - I can't believe I now have 5432 followers, thanks so much! - and the thought of opening up to you all about this is terrifying, but here goes... Penny has a secret. Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog. But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.


Sequel


Girl Online on Tour

I was very excited about this book because I really like Zoella and to be honest I only bought the book because she was the author. I don't know if I would have picked it up if I wasn't a fan of Zoella's Youtube Channel.

The story about Penny is really cute. I can sympathize with her clumsiness because I myself am also really clumsy. The plot about Noah was kind of predictable and the reading part was really easy which I thought of as a nice alternation to all the other books I've had read before this one. Although now I must say, I'm probably a little out of the age range for this one so the story felt a little too forced and very cliché. 

The story, although it was really cute, sometimes was a little too soppy which forced me to take a break from continuing reading a few times. However, I think this book is a very great start for Zoe's first attempt on writing. She should definitely keep on going. I'm not sure yet if I'll check out the sequel, but I've got time to think about it, right?