Monday 29 February 2016

February Wrap Up

February has been such an amazing month! I had a LOT of time to read and I enjoyed 2 wonderful weeks of vacation in Asia. I came home with one of the biggest book hauls in my life. 


Books read

I think I've never managed to read as many books in one month as this February. 8 books is my new record and I'm really proud of it! And now I just realised that this month has been a month of 4-star ratings... Well some pendle between 3.5 and 4.5 stars, but because you can only give them whole stars on goodreads they've all got the same amount...


    
    

P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han 
Prodigy by Marie Lu 
The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare 
Champion by Marie Lu 
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare 
Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins 
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson 
Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods by Rick Riordan 


Bobbi Brown Make Up Manual   


February Favourite


I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson was by far my favourite book in February and belongs now to my favourite contemporary novels. It was such an emotional ride to learn about Jude and Noah's life and it brought happy, but also sad tears to my eyes (and stained a few pages). 


2016 Reading Challenges Update

Here is a little overview on what I've accomplished so far with all of my Reading Challenges.

~ Read 4/10 books for the 2016 Dystopia Reading Challenge
~ Read 14/30 books for the Goodreads 2016 Challenge
~ Read 1/3 books for the Addicted to YA Challenge
~ Read 2/10 books for the 2016 TBR Pile Challenge
~ Read 5/10 books for the Flights of Fantasy Challenge

If you want to have a closer look at my progress and the challenges, click here


February recap

- Book review of Legend by Marie Lu
- I featured The Last Star by Rick Yancey for my first Waiting on Wednesday
- Book review of To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
- I participated in the February Discussion Prompt for the 2016 Dystopia Reading Challenge with my Top 5 Dystopian Romance Novels
- Book Review of Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
- In anticipation of Valentine's Day I participated in TTT with Top Ten Fictional Crushes
- I talked about Lady Midnight on Waiting on Wednesday
- Book review of Girl Online by Zoe Sugg
- Stacking the Shelves February Edition
- Book review of P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
- Book review of The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
- Book review of Four by Veronica Roth
- The second Trilogy Tuesday featured The Infernal Devices
- Book review of Prodigy by Marie Lu


March Blog Insight

Upcoming reviews (amongst others):

  

Champion (Legend #3) by Marie Lu, The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey & I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson

Next to the book reviews I have these special memes planned. Feel free to join. 

~ March 15th:  Top Ten Tuesday #2 (Ten Books on my Spring TBR) hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
~ March 22nd:  Top Ten Tuesday #3 (Ten Books I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven't Talked About Enough) hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
~ March 29th: Top Ten Tuesday #4 (10 Of My Most Recent 5 Star Reads) hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
~ March 29th: Trilogy Tuesday #3 (The Maze Runner) hosted here at Swissbookworm


March TBR

Every bookworm has got their own to-be-read book pile. Mine is so big that I could dedicate a shelve to them (... but I'm a very organised person and I don't like it when my books aren't shelved in alphabetical order). Anyway, the following books I really hope to have read by the end of next month.


  

Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon, Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard & City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare


Your turn

I want to know what books you guys have read in February, what recommendations you have for new books and what's on your March TBR list. Just let me know in the comments.